Do you love chocolate and caramel? You need to keep reading then!
I call these bars Knock Your Socks Off Bars for obvious reasons!
They quite honestly just might literally knock your socks off!
Disclosure: This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link, I’ll earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more).
These bars are a combination of good ol’ chocolate chip cookie dough and a caramel layer that makes these bars A-MAZ-ING!! Like the type of amazing that makes these bars so good that you can’t stop eating them good.
I took them to a party once and they were such a huge hit. Then I took them to a party the second time and they were an even bigger hit. And when I took them to a party the third time, one of our friends told me he LOVED me. Thankfully, my husband and his wife knew he was kidding…
That caramel ribbon
Speaking of kidding… Can I tell you how these Kraft caramel beads are no joke?
The worst part of making something with caramel is having to unwrap a gazillion of them! Have you ever had to unwrap a gazillion caramels in order to make something with caramel? It kinda stinks…
And with the beads being smaller, they melt quicker too. Bonus!
You know, I do love chocolate chip cookies in almost any shape and form but these bars are really, really close to the top of my favorites list. Sometimes you just never know what delicacy you’re going to end up with when you start getting creative.
I never really thought about adding anything to my chocolate chip cookie recipe because I loved it just the way it was. But chocolate chip cookie dough AND caramel is a definite regular at my house now!
Trust me! You gotta try these!Print
Knock Your Socks Off Bars
Bars so good they will knock your socks off!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
- Total Time: 45-50 minutes
- Yield: 24 bars
- 1 cup margarine or butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 11 ounces Kraft caramel baking beads
- 1 teaspoon flaked sea salt (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×13-inch baking pan with foil and coat liberally with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the margarine or butter and both sugars on medium speed for 2 minutes until fluffy.
- Add the eggs, vanilla, salt and baking soda and continue mixing until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the speed to low and add the flour until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Press half the dough into the prepared pan.
- In a microwavable bowl, combine the cream and caramels and melt in the microwave for 1 minute. Add 30 seconds after stirring well if necessary to melt completely.
- Pour the caramel mixture on top of the dough in the pan and drop the remaining dough evenly in teaspoon-size amounts on top of the caramel.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the center is just set.
- Sprinkle with flaked sea salt (optional).
- Allow to cool completely in the pan before cutting into bars.
If you use the caramel squares, you’ll need about 30 of them.
FREE 10 Chewy Gooey Recipes!
Sign up to receive your FREE download!
"10 Chewy Gooey Recipes you need to make!"
Each and every recipe will satisfy your need for Chewy Gooey goodness!